Advanced medical micro skin-needling is a procedure that stimulates the skin to regenerate and repair itself naturally and safely, creating smoother, brighter, healthier, younger-looking skin. It is the ultimate treatment for non-surgical and non abrasive treatment of various skin conditions.
Micro-needling significantly improves the appearance of:
- – Acne scars
- – Ageing & sun damaged skin
- – Facial and décolleté lines and wrinkles
- – Stretch marks
- – Uneven Skin tone
- – Pigmentation
Micro needling is a process carried out with a roller that is covered with numerous tiny needles. These needles penetrate the upper layers of skin to a depth of up to 2mm. The aim of this treatment is to create a controlled injury underneath the skin’s surface, thereby inducing the body to respond by producing more collagen in the treated area. The skin plumps and thickens in response to the stimulus, reducing the appearance of scars, stretch marks, and fine lines.
At The Beauty Quarters we administer a topical anesthetic before each treatment to reduce any discomfort. It will normally take up to 30 minutes for the topical anaesthetic to work and 20 – 30 minutes for the actual procedure.
Skin preparation with ingredients such as Vitamin A, c or peptides are recommended before treatment to intensify effects. A similar routine is also recommended for up to 6 months post treatment to aid the healthy production of collagen.
We recommend avoiding use of the following one week prior to treatment:
- – Don’t shave/exfoliate or use depilatory creams prior to treatment.
- – Facial waxing.
- – Sun exposure/sunbeds/heat treatments.
- – Any vitamin A products/Retin A/prescribed skincare.
We recommend avoiding use of the following three days prior to treatment:
- – Any products containing AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) or BHA (beta hydroxy acids)
Straight after your microneedling your skin may look and feel warm as if you have moderate sunburn. This will begin to fade over the coming hours and you will have slight redness the following day. Over the coming days you may notice some mild shedding. During this healing phase it is important not to over stimulate your skin.
- – Avoid sun exposure/sunbeds/heat treatments.
- – Do not apply any active products to your skin for at least 5 days (AHA’s/Retinol).
- – Avoid all facial treatments/hair removal over treatment area for at least 7 days.
- – Avoid swimming in chlorinated water.
- – Use a sun protection of 30 or higher- this should be reapplied every 2 hours to exposed skin.
- – Do not pick or peel at shedding skin
A single treatment can produce noticeable results, however a course of 2–5 treatments spaced four to six weeks apart is often recommended to achieve optimum results, in conjunction with a home skincare regime. The specific number of sessions required will depend on the area being treated and the severity of the indication, as well as the level of natural response from the individual’s body. Recovery may take 24 hours or up to a few days; most people should however be able to return to work the following day.
Medical micro-needling is suitable for most skin types. It is not suitable for patients who:
- – Have used Roaccutane within the last 3 months.
- – Have open wounds, cuts or abrasions to the skin.
- – Have had radiation treatment within the last year.
- – Have a current outbreak of herpes simplex (cold sores) or any other infection or chronic skin condition in the area to be treated.
- – Have areas of the skin that are numb or lack sensation.
- – Are pregnant or breast feeding.
- – Have a history of keloid or hypertrophic scars or poor wound healing.